Dear Incoming Kindergarten Parents:
Welcome to the Bedford Central School District! We are pleased to welcome you to our district as you and your child embark on an exciting learning experience. We invite you to visit our website to learn more about us, and to find out more about your child's elementary school. There are a few resources and suggestions on this page that can help you get started with this. The most important information, however, pertains to the Kindergarten Registration Process. Please read the information below to learn more about the district and school steps to becoming registered to attend our schools!
Learn About: K-Registration (information is below) | Kindergarten Handbook | Our Schools
BCSD Parent Page | What We Teach | How Are We Doing? | Special Education
To get you started, we want to explain the Kindergarten Registration Process, a three-part process that includes the steps that follow. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to call me at 914-241-6005.
Mary Lou Cavaliere, Central Registrar
Step 1. Enrolling your child into the Bedford Central School District
All kindergarten registration will take place at Central Office located at the Fox Lane Campus, Administration Building.
At the time of enrollment, you will need to present the following:
- Verification of birth –original birth certificate preferred or passport.
- Registration card – please complete legibly as this information will be used by the transportation department to determine your child’s bus route and number. Remember to sign both sides of the card.
- Proof of Residency/Residency Affidavit Form - these forms must be notarized and documentation of proof of residency must be provided as follows:
- If you own - a deed or mortgage statement or current tax bill, anda current utility bill and your photo identification.
- If you rent - a Landlord Affidavit for Renters or a current executed copy of the rental lease, and a current utility bill and your photo identification.
- Home Language Questionnaire.
The schedule for each of the elementary school’s registration period is listed below. Please call me at 914-241-6005 to schedule an appointment. Enrollment will be held from 8 a.m. – 12 noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Evening appointments will also be available on Thursdays from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Enrollment Schedule for Kindergarten students entering:
Bedford Hills Elementary School – Tuesday, February 12 – Friday, February 15
Evening appointments, Thursday, February 14
Bedford Village Elementary School – Tuesday, March 12 – Friday, March 15
Evening appointments, Thursday, March 14
Mount Kisco Elementary School – Tuesday, February 26 – Friday, March 1
Evening appointments, Thursday, February 28
Pound Ridge Elementary School – Tuesday, March 19 – Friday, March 22
Evening appointments, Thursday, March 21
West Patent Elementary School – Tuesday, March 5 – Friday, March 8
Evening appointments, Thursday, March 7
Step 2. Completing important documents for your child’s Elementary School
Please look for our mailing that includes a letter from your child’s elementary school principal and follow the directions for completing and returning all required documents by the dates listed.
Step 3. Kindergarten Screening – Required by New York State
Please look for our mailing that includes a letter from your child’s elementary school principal and follow the directions for scheduling an appointment for Kindergarten screening.