The Kindergarten Registration Process is a three-part process that includes the steps that follow. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to call me at 914-241-6005.
Mary Lou Cavaliere, Central Registrar
Step 1. Enrolling your child into the Bedford Central School District
All kindergarten registration will take place at Central Office located at the Fox Lane Campus, Administration Building.
At the time of enrollment, you will need to present the following:
- Verification of birth –original birth certificate preferred or passport.
- Registration card – please complete legibly as this information will be used by the transportation department to determine your child’s bus route and number. Remember to sign both sides of the card.
- Proof of Residency/Residency Affidavit Form - these forms must be notarized and documentation of proof of residency must be provided as follows:
- If you own - a deed or mortgage statement or current tax bill, anda current utility bill and your photo identification.
- If you rent - a Landlord Affidavit for Renters or a current executed copy of the rental lease, and a current utility bill and your photo identification.
- Home Language Questionnaire.
The schedule for each of the elementary school’s registration period is listed below. Please call me at 914-241-6005 to schedule an appointment. Enrollment will be held from 8 a.m. – 12 noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Evening appointments will also be available on Thursdays from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Enrollment Schedule for Kindergarten students entering:
Bedford Hills Elementary School – Tuesday, February 25 – Friday, February 28
Evening appointments, Thursday, February 27
Bedford Village Elementary School – Tuesday, March 18 – Friday, March 21
Evening appointments, Thursday, March 20
Mount Kisco Elementary School – Tuesday, March 4 – Friday, March 7
Evening appointments, Thursday, March 6
Pound Ridge Elementary School – Tuesday, March 25 – Friday, March 28
Evening appointments, Thursday, March 27
West Patent Elementary School – Tuesday, March 11 – Friday, March 14
Evening appointments, Thursday, March 13
Step 2. Completing important documents for your child’s Elementary School
Please look for our mailing that includes a letter from your child’s elementary school principal and follow the directions for completing and returning all required documents by the dates listed.
Step 3. Kindergarten Screening – Required by New York State
Please look for our mailing that includes a letter from your child’s elementary school principal and follow the directions for scheduling an appointment for Kindergarten screening.