Welcome BCSD Families! This site contains links, documents and other resources of interest to parents of students in the Bedford Central School District. Please see the menu of resources (<--) to the left, which includes early literacy resources, curriculum, instruction and assessment information, school lunch information, and a link to our Staff Development Center which includes programs for parents. Questions? Please contact your child's building principal, or email Drew Patrick, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction.
OUR VISION FOR CURRICULUM, INSTRUCTION and ASSESSMENT We are seeking your feedback on a "vision" document that encapsulates our aspirations and approaches with respect to two essential things: WHAT we teach, and HOW we teach it. Please share your thoughts by reviewing and commenting on the document. Thank you!
Elementary (K-5) Information
Secondary (6-12) Information
District-Wide and General Information
- Resources for Talking to Children About Traumatic Events
- Looking for iPad apps? Check these out!
- Healthy Kids NOW! Healthy Kids of Northern Westchester (NOW), a coalition of community, civic, educational, business, and healthcare leaders committed to sharing resources that promote health and wellness for our children.
- NYS Virtual Learning System The purpose of the New York State Education Department's Virtual Learning System is to encourage the use of the Internet as a tool for teaching and learning and to assist classroom teachers in locating Internet resources for instruction. VLS offers the full text of New York State's learning standards with their key ideas and performance indicators, as well as alternate performance indicators for students with severe disabilities. It provides resources that classroom teachers can use to support preK-12 standards-based instruction, such as sample tasks, learning experiences and lesson plans.
- PBS Homework Hotline! A great site for getting help with any type of homework or project topic! There are a wide range of electronic resources, and students can "Dial-a-Teacher" for direct phone support between the hours of 4-7 pm M-Th.
- All About the new NYS Common Core Learning Standards
- Home Schooling Forms and Regulations