Welcome to the School Health Services Website!
BCSD Nursing Staff
Welcome to the BCSD School Health and Nurse information page. In order to best care for your children, please help by providing up to date and accurate health information to your school nurse. This includes:
- Current physical exams and dental exams for Grades Pre-K or Kindergarten, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 and all new students.
- Current immunization records
- Current doctor’s orders for medical excuses, conditions and medications.
Our school nurses also need to be made aware of the following:
- Broken bones
- Injuries that require the use of crutches, wheelchairs, slings, casts or any other assistance device.
- Lacerations that required stitches or staples
- Contagious diseases-flu, strep throat, fifth's disease and other illnesses.
- Serious medical conditions-diabetes, heart disease, anaphylaxis, seizures and other concerns.
As a reminder, students who are ill must remain home for a full 24 hours and be free from fever, vomiting or diarrhea before returning to school, or have completed a one full dose of an antibiotic.
Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to working with your children to keep them healthy throughout the school year.
BCSD School Nurses