FLHS Community Service Policy
Fox Lane High School accepts the value of community service in shaping the character of young people and supports a program where contributions to school and community are valued.
FLHS students realize that they can make a difference individually or as a group in volunteering their time to community service. Fox Lane provides opportunities for all students to engage in community service activity beginning in their Freshman year and throughout their high school experience.
The Community Service Program:
- All students must graduate having completed 20 hours of community service, at least ten (10) of which would be done during the students junior or senior year. This would also include the opportunity for summer service.
- Community Service will be broadly defined to include experiences ranging from formal, credit-bearing service learning to non-academic community service, such as volunteering at agencies or clean-up activities. This includes service done within and outside of school.
- Ms. Izzo - Community Service Coordinator will maintain community service records.
- Each student will be required to provide verification of service in order to earn full credit.
- Community Service opportunities will be posted on the Community Service Bulletin Board across from Guidance. Be sure to check on a weekly basis as they will be updated throughout the year.