Eleana Pellegrino Sipowicz
West Patent Elementary, K-5 Visual Arts and Enrichment Teacher
My role as the art educator of WPES is to provide a safe and welcoming learning environment where each child feels supported to express themselves creatively.
The emphasis of the art program at West Patent is to:
- Inspire creativity and innovative thinking
- Promote problem solving and perseverance
- Make connections personally and across disciplines
- Foster independence and build community
- Celebrate each child’s unique voice
- Develop self-esteem and self-awareness
- Look at and discuss a variety of art work
- Promote a foundation for understanding, creating and valuing art
- Instill a lifetime love of learning
In the Art Studio students actively engage in the art making process through a creative and choice-based curriculum. Students are encouraged to explore a variety of materials and creative processes, during their time at West Patent including: Painting, Drawing, Collage, Clay, Sculpture, Construction, Printmaking, Fiber Arts, Earth Art and Crafts.