Bedford Central School District Transportation Department
In keeping with Center for Disease Control, Westchester County Department of Health and Bedford Central School District regulations and recommendations the following protocols and procedures have been implemented for Covid-19 precautions:
- Students, school bus drivers, monitors, attendants and mechanics will be required to wear face masks/coverings prior to boarding the bus unless they have been provided a medical exemption.
- School busses will not be equipped with hand sanitizer due to its combustible composition.
- Students, school bus drivers, monitors and attendants are not permitted to carry personal bottles of hand sanitizer on school busses.
- Students who refuse to wear a mask will not be allowed to enter the bus.
- Students who do not have a mask will be provided one by the bus driver.
- Students with a disability which would prevent them from wearing a mask will not be forced to do so or denied transportation.
- Drivers and attendants who must have direct contact with a student will wear gloves.
- The first seat immediately behind the bus driver will remain empty.
- Siblings are encouraged to sit together.
- Boarding students will occupy seats from back to front, where feasible.
- Attendance records will be kept for each bus trip to assist with contact tracing when needed.
- High contact areas (handrails, seats, etc.)) will be wiped down after each trip.
- Busses will be cleaned using an Electrostatic Sprayer on a weekly basis.
- Bus drivers and attendants will be provided initial and follow up training on the proper use of personal protective equipment and signs and symptoms of Covid-19.
- All bus company employees must complete the New York State required health screening each day prior to reporting to work.
If you have any questions, please contact the District Transportation office or Towne Bus Corp. Contact information can be found below:
BCSD Transportation - Office Hours: 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Senior Office Assistant
Towne Bus Corp. - Dispatch Office Hours: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Fox Lane Campus Location Tel: 914-234-8668
Norm Avenue Location Tel: 914-864-1080
Please click on the links below for additional information from the BCSD Re-Opening Plan and WE Transport/Towne Bus COVID-19 Transmittable Disease Prevention Overview: