2021-2022 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Charge
The BCSD Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Community Advisory Committee is charged by the Board of Education to provide insight and recommendations. This Committee will be composed of community members, student representatives, and representatives from the Board of Education and Administration, who will focus their efforts towards:
- Recommending ways to build and sustain BCSD as a community in which we celebrate both the things that unite us and the things that make us unique;
- Researching ways to include a multitude of voices and perspectives as part of the educational experience within the bounds of policy 8110 and to foster students’ ability to connect across cultures;
- Seeking out ways to support an equitable experience for all students within our district in accordance with the BCSD Mission Statement;
- Suggesting ideas to support an environment of belonging which upholds all students in accordance with BCSD Core Values;
- Where and when appropriate and only with the coordination of the Administration, the committee may seek to consult with other local school districts on their DEI efforts and initiatives;
- The Committee will not deviate from the District statement released by Dr. Adelberg on June 15, 2021.
- The committee will meet at least once a month and provide a report of all written recommendations from all committee members by the end of the academic year, at a date determined by the Board representatives to the group.