Non-Public School Transportation

  • New York State Education Law requires all non-city school districts to provide transportation to students enrolled in non-public schools up to a distance of 15 miles.  The distance in each case is measured from the students home to the school on publicly maintained highways.

    In order to obtain transportation for their students, parents must file a written request for transportation with the Transportation Department by April 1st of the preceding school year; or within 30 days of establishing residency in the school district

    (Click on the link below for the Non-Public School Transportation Application.)

     If your student is already attending a non-public school in the current year, you still must submit this application by April 1st for the next year.  If you have more than one student in a non-public school, you must submit a separate application for each student.  

    All applications for students new to the non-public school system, will require proof of residency.  Any address changes will require re-proving your residency at the new address. 

    We will accept the following documents as proof of residency:

    • A copy of your deed OR a copy of your tax bill OR a copy of your lease


    • A copy of a current utility bill


    FOR KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS:  In order to be eligible for transportation, a student must be 5 years old prior to December 1st of that school year.  All applications must be accompanied by a copy of the student's birth certificate.