Alternate Stop / Daycare Transportation
If you would like transportation for your student(s) from or to a location other than your home address of record, an Alternate Stop/Daycare Transportation request form must be submitted. The form can be sent to your student's school or to the transportation department.
- Forms must be received in the Transportation Department by August 1st for transportation to be in place for the start of the school year.
- If submitted during the course of the school year, processing of Alternate Stop/Daycare forms typically takes 1-2 days.
Transportation is NOT provided to after school activities (dance school, tae kwon do, etc.) OR any type of religious instruction.
(Links to the Alternate Stop / Day Care Transportation form in English and Spanish can be found at the bottom of this page.)
Middle / High School Students
Alternate stop transportation is provided for middle and high school students from/to qualifying locations with the boundaries of the Bedford Central School District.
Elementary School Students
NOTE: Beginning with the 2021-22 school year the Alternate Stop/Daycare Request and the Drop-off Authorization have been combined into a single form. A link to the form in English and Spanish can be found at the bottom of this page.
The Bedford Central School District policy and procedure for transportation to a child care facility/provider is specific to the students' elementary school attendance zone. Transportation for before and after school child care is provided in accordance with this protocol. This includes the use of a private babysitter or care giver.
If a child care provider is licensed through the Westchester County Department of Social Services, transportation will be provided for students from ALL of the elementary schools to that child care provider. This is referred to as INTER-Attendance zone child care transportation.
If a child care provider is not licensed through the Westchester County Department of Social Services, transportation will ONLY be provided if the child care provider is located within your elementary school attendance zone. This is referred to as INTRA-Attendance zone child care transportation.
Currently, the larger licensed daycare providers transportion is provided from/to include:
- A Kid's World Day Care located in Mount Kisco
- Bedford Discovery School located in Bedford Hills
- Boys & Girls Club of Northern Westchester located in Mount Kisco
- CCC located at Bedford Hills Elementary
- CCC located at Pound Ridge Elementary (PM only)
- CCC located at West Patent Elementary
- Country Kids Child Care located in Bedford
- Mount Kisco Day Car Center located in Mount Kisco
Transportation is NOT provided to day care providers located outside District boundaries.
Temporary Bus Change
If a student needs to ride a different bus on a temporary basis (not a permanent change), a request must be submitted through School Dismissal Manager to the student's school for approval. If approved, the student will be issued a bus pass that must be given to the bus driver. Students are not permitted to ride a different bus or get on/off at a stop other than their assigned stop without prior permission.