Daycare Transportation/ Student Drop Off Authorization Forms
The Bedford Central School District protocol for transportation to a child care facility/provider is specific to the students' elementary school attendance zone. We provide transportation for before and after school child care in accordance with this protocol.
If a child care provider is licensed through the Westchester County Department of Social Services, then we will transport students from ALL of the elementary schools to that provider. This is referred to as INTER-Attendance zone child care transportation.
If a child care provider is not licensed through the Westchester County Department of Social Services, then we will ONLY transport if that provider is located within your elementary school attendance zone. This is referred to as INTRA-Attendance zone child care transportation.
We do not transport to day care providers located outside of the Bedford Central School District boundaries.
Currently, the larger licensed daycare providers we transport to/from include:
- American Gymnastic located in Bedford Hills
- Boys & Girls Club of Northern Westchester located in Mount Kisco
- Mount Kisco Day Care Center located in Mount Kisco
- A Kid's World Day Care located in Mount Kisco
- Bedford Discovery School located in Bedford Hills
- CCC located at Bedford Hills Elementary
- CCC located at West Patent Elementary
- CCC located at Pound Ridge Elementary (PM only)
- Country Kids Child Care located in Bedford
Any parent needing transportation to a day care provider must submit an Application for Day Care Transportation (see link below) to the Transportation Department by July 1 of the preceding year.
This protocol includes going to a babysitters house.
We DO NOT transport students to after school activities (such as dance school, tae kwon do, etc.) OR any type of religious instruction.
Also; see link below for the Students Drop-Off Authorization Form. Please indicate on the form who is permitted to pick up your student at the bus stop.