Tuesday, January 22, 2019
READ AND SCROLL THROUGH THE ENTIRE ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The Pioneer Team is hosting its HOMECOMING GAME this Tuesday, January 22nd, from 4:00 – 5:00 in the FLHS large gym. The players have been working hard at developing their floor hockey skills and would love the support from the FLHS community. Please spread the word and we hope to see you on Tuesday to cheer on the Pioneers!
Marie Kabemba (FLMS)
Charlie Fischer (FLMS)
On Monday January 28th, the class of 2022 will be hosting a fundraiser after school in the Commons- first ever "WOWFULLS!!!!- Waffles and Icecream. $4. choice of Chocolate or Vanilla, Chocolate Sauce or Caramel, Sprinkles or MiniMarshmellows. Please support the Class of 2022!
Congratulations to the following winter track and field athletes who won their events at the league championships and have earned all-league honors.
- Jack Carl – long jump
- Eugenia Kaltsas – 55 meter hurdles
- Jason Klotz – pole vault
- Emily Marple – pole vault
- Micaela Paul – high jump
- Blake Slachmuylder – high jump
FLHS 2019 Fox Trails Yearbook:
Yearbooks are for sale right now!
TO BUY - Online purchases of BOOKS and RECOGNITION ADS are available at http://www.yearbookforever.com
Books increase throughout the year. Buy early to pay less!
Senior Superlatives for the yearbook:
SENIORS: Here is the link to submit your superlative choices:
You can also find the link in your email and on our yearbook site.
Committee to Promote Gender Fairness in the Courts
9th Judicial District
Essay contest to celebrate Women’s History Month 2019
- Two first place cash prizes will be awarded: 1. to best entry submitted by a freshman/sophomore; 2. One to the best entry submitted by a junior/senior.
- Essays should be 500 words or less
- Essay topic: Has the #MeToo movement touched your community or school? How have you and your fellow students responded?
- Send two legible copies of your paper to the following address:
Hon. Terry Jane Ruderman
Westchester County Courthouse
111 Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd.
White Plains, NY 10601
Attn: Christopher Peticca, Esq., Assistant Law Clerk
- Include ONE cover page with your name, address, telephone number, school, and grade.
- Do NOT staple pages together
- Do NOT put identifying information on essay itself.
- Must be postmarked by February 22, 2019.
If you would like more information, see the bulletin board across from A323.
Fire & Ice will host the monthly open mic on Monday, January 28 at 2:45. The featured poet will be Samantha Coppola. The featured musicians will be RJ Marlow & Jamie Parisi. Come and share a poem, story, or song; you can also come and simply be a part of our ever-growing crowd. For questions find our master of ceremony folks: Patrick Ortiz (a.k.a. Fire) and Emily Zullo (a.k.a. Ice) or see Mr. Albano in the English office.
For students interested in exploring the opportunities available at The Tech Center at Yorktown, there will be a tour of the facilities on Wednesday, February 13th. Permission slips are available in the Guidance Office. Space is limited and permission slips must be returned by Wednesday, February 6th. Please see attached.
DRIVER EDUCATION - FORMS IN FRONT LOBBY @ FLHS. ALL INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION WITH FORMS.
ATTENTION SENIORS! CAP & GOWN MEASUREMENTS!
Measurements for cap & gowns for graduation will be done on January 24th (Thursday) and January 25th (Friday) in the large cafeteria. The fee is $20.00. Payment may be made with cash or by check. If paying by check, please make your check payable to Balfour. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Jorgensen in the Guidance Department.
News from our Athletic Department: Fox Lane High School is happy to offer free live streaming of many sports events this year. If you are unable to join us in person, you may watch live online or anytime afterwards! Just go to https://locallive.tv/foxlane - Click on your game to enjoy.
Enjoy the Action No Matter Where You Are
- Games streamed live and for free.
- Everything is recorded and available for replay.
- Watch on laptops, tablets and smart phones. No app needed.