Welcome to Bedford Village Elementary School!
Bedford Village Elementary School is one of the five elementary schools in the Bedford Central School District. We are located in the heart of the historic town of Bedford just off the main street nestled in a residential neighborhood.
We take pride in providing our students an educational experience that fosters a curiosity for learning, rigorous challenges, authentic problem-solving, and a skill set that will establish a solid foundation for future learning. In addition to academic opportunities, our students participate in the arts and physical fitness activities to complete their comprehensive program.
We are a caring community dedicated to the social and emotional well-being of all of our students and staff. During morning announcements, we recite our CARE Pledge in unison. “At Bedford Village, we care. We care about ourselves. We care about each other and we care about our environment.” In addition, each week, teachers facilitate CARE meetings where students share concerns and offer solutions to promote a safe, secure learning community.
Student Enrollment: 266
Average Class Size: 22
School Hours: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
BVES Points of Pride
- Recognized by the NYS Education Department as a Reward School for 2015-2016 and 2016-2017
- Beautiful Courtyard Garden
- Our CARE program – Student run, School-wide Assemblies
- S.L.I.C.E. – Students Learning to Innovate, Create and Explore
- Schoolwide enrichment program for 3rd, 4th & 5th graders
- TAB Art Program
- Extensive Chorus Participation
- SAIL “Buddy Program” (1st & 4th gr.) & Buddy Leaders Club (5th)
How to Register Your Child
If you are interested in enrolling your child, please call or visit our Central Registrar, Mary Lou Cavaliere. She is located in our Central Office on the Fox Lane campus or she can be reached at (914) 241-6005.