Student Achievement Advisory Committee: The District Student Achievement advisory committee is charged by the Board with providing input and insight to the Board of Education related to curriculum, instruction, assessment, and student achievement. Such topics include:
- Learning: guiding principles of learning and student achievement;
- Testing and Assessment: standardized testing; types and frequency of local tests and assessments; use of external tests as benchmarks of local student, school and district achievement; emphasis of assessment and testing with respect to time devoted to tested and non-tested content; test preparation;
- Curriculum: guiding principles of curriculum and development of such, consideration of the depth and breadth of the Bedford Central curriculum, taking into consideration required standards and assessments;
- Achievement and Engagement: experiences and data to benchmark student achievement and academic engagement;
- Communicating Success: benchmarking and communicating success with emphasis placed on rankings by national, state, and local publications; means of measuring and communicating student progress, growth, and point-in-time achievement; and means of communicating student(s) learning;
- Mandates and Policy: understanding federal and state policies and reforms.
We invite individuals from our community to apply to serve on the Student Achievement Advisory Committee. Applicants will be selected from all constituent groups of the school community and from among the elementary, middle and high school levels so we will have balanced representation from across the District. Community members may only serve on one Advisory Committee per year.
The District Student Achievement Advisory Committee will meet on the following Wednesdays from 7-9 p.m. in the CO Conference Room:
September 25, 2019
November 13, 2019
January 22, 2020
February 26, 2020
April 29, 2020
To express interest in participation, please complete this Google Form.
Applications are due by August 1, 2019 after which time applicants will be notified.