WPES Distance Learning Resources
As we are settling in to our new way of learning, we have prepared this page as a handy guide of resources for parents and students. We are here for you every step of the way, and this journey will make us stronger together! We are all growing as learners and discovering that we can succeed, be creative, enjoy the “little things,” and exercise our minds in new ways! Wishing our families good health as we move forward!
PARENT RESOURCES & COMMUNICATION /
RECURSOS Y COMUNICACIÓN PARA PADRES:
TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT: Student Help Desk/Servicio de Ayuda para dispositivos de estudiantes
Navigating Google Classroom - a great resource with videos, pictures and tutorials on all aspects of Google Classroom
BCSD Student Resources Chart: BCSD Resources for Extended Closure Learning/Recursos de BCSD para Cierre de Escuela Extendida
Art: Visit the BCSD Elementary Visual Arts website: BCSD Art
Inspirations and Challenge ideas will be added monthly. Online Gallery added to daily! Feel free to be inspired by any of these ideas or some of your own!
Google Classrooms have been created and lesson ideas will be posted each week. WPES Virtual Art Studio:
- K-2 class code: rkcbjye
- 3-5 class code: zdkpaxy
Library: The School Library is Virtual! Fiction and non-fiction books for grades K-5 are available on the WPES Library Media Center webpage: Library Resources Please contact Mrs. Loeffel if you have any questions or issues.
Visit the Library Summer Reading Website for Summer book lists, the Summer Reading Program, fun activities and more!
Music: A Music Google Classroom has been created for K-2 and 3-5. An invitation to join a Music Classroom was sent to all student accounts.
- K-2 Classroom: New activities (songs, books, videos) will be posted every Monday morning
- 3-5 Classroom: A new assignment will be posted every Monday morning
Orchestra: Google classrooms have been created for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade string players! Mrs. Landers will share music and videos for players to watch, and even play along with, her or Mrs. Ring (BSCD's other string teacher). Students can send Mrs. Landers a message, question, video assignment or even a video of them playing! More tunes and helpful tips will be added by the teachers.
- 3rd grade beginner strings: Mrs. Landers will share music and videos for players to watch, and even play along with, her or Mrs. Ring. There is also helpful note reading information.
- 4th grade strings: The BH/WP/PR Orchestra classroom offers help with your string practice! Featuring music and videos to watch; you can even learn how to tune your own instrument! You can also find helpful resources such as music parts to Rustic Dance and even Happy Birthday!
- 5th grade strings: The BH/WP/PR Orchestra classroom offers help with your string practice! Featuring music and videos to watch; you can even learn how to tune your own instrument! You can also find helpful resources such as music parts to Rustic Dance, SUN! and even Happy Birthday!