The Bedford Central School District's annual budget vote and school board member election will be held on Tuesday, May 18, 2021.
- Registered voters should vote in the elementary school in their attendance area. If you are not sure of where to vote, please call Sandra Speyer at (914) 241-6011.
- Polling locations will be open from 7am-9pm.
Registered voters will be voting on:
PROPOSITION NO. 1 – 2021-2022 SCHOOL BUDGET
RESOLVED: That the Board of Education of the Bedford Central School District is authorized to expend during the 2021-2022 school year the sum of $144,465,256 to meet the estimated expenditures for school purposes of the Bedford Central School District for the 2021-2022 school year, and shall that same sum, or so much thereof as may be necessary, be raised by a tax on taxable property within the school district. This represents a tax levy increase of 2.25%.
VOTING FOR MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION
There are two (2) open seats for the Board of Education. There are four (4) candidates running for a three-year term starting July 1, 2021 and expiring June 30, 2024: Namasha Schelling, Steven Matlin, Robert Mazurek, Michael Bauscher.
In order to vote in the Bedford Central School District's Annual Budget Vote and Election on TUesday, May 18, 2021, you must be a registered voter. The last day for registration is Thursday, May 13, 2021. You may register in person with Sandra Speyer, Distriuct Clerk, at the adminsitration builind on the Fox Lane Campus until 4pm on Thursday, May 13, 2021.
To be eligible to vote you must:
- be a citizen of the United States.
- be at least 18 years old by May 18, 2021 (the date of the election).
- be a resident of the school district for at least 30 days prior to May 18, 2021.
- be registered with either the school district's board of registration or with the county board of elections. If you have previously registered to vote, but have not voted in either a school district or general election in the last four years, you must re-register to vote. (You can call the District Clerk to verify your registration status.)
- Absentee ballot applications are available from Sandra Speyer, District Clerk, at the Administration Building on the Fox Lane Campus during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.).
- Absentee ballot applications should be submitted in original form, with the original signature. The application must be received by the District Clerk at least seven days before the vote/election (May 11, 2021) if the ballot will be mailed to the voter and by the day before the vote/election (May 17, 2021) if the ballot will be personally picked up by the voter or the voter’s agent.
- Please drop off your Absentee Ballot to: Sandra Speyer, District Clerk, at the Administration Building on the Fox Lane Campus.
Absentee ballots must be received by the District Clerk no later than 5pm on Tuesday, May 18, 2021 to be counted in the vote.