Parents and Community
Welcome BCSD Families and Community members!
This site contains links, documents and other resources of interest to parents of students in the Bedford Central School District; and items of interest for our community members. Please see the menu of resources (<--) to the left for a list of the topics on which information may be obtained.
Information topics include early literacy resources, curriculum, instruction and assessment information, school lunch information, and a link to our Staff Development Center which includes programs for parents. Questions? Please contact your child's building principal, or email Joel Adelberg, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction.
VISIT OUR ELEMENTARY CURRICULUM PAGE for FAMILIES!
OUR VISION FOR CURRICULUM, INSTRUCTION and ASSESSMENT
We are seeking your feedback on a "vision" document that encapsulates our aspirations and approaches with respect to two essential things: WHAT we teach, and HOW we teach it. Please share your thoughts by reviewing and commenting on the document. Thank you!
- Math in Focus- parent resources
- Kindergarten Registration
- Kindergarten Parent Handbook | En Espanol: Kindergarten Handbook
- Click here for our Curriculum-At-A-Glance
- Click here for Elementary Report Card samples (Cartilla de Clasificación)
- Parent Guide to Elementary Report Cards and Conferences
- Guía para los Padres Cartilla de Calificaciones y Conferencia con los Padres
- Click here for information on our enrichment program
Secondary (6-12) Information
- Preparing for College (FLHS Guidance)
- Class of 2016 Profile
- Fox Lane HS Course Catalog
- Recent College Acceptances
- Helping Your Teenager to Write Better (from NCTE)
- National Association for Gifted Children- WOW- Webinars on Wednesdays!
- Regents Review Live! This site hosts live and archived video broadcasts of Regents review sessions for each high school Regents exam! PowerPoint files are also available, as are all past Regents exams with answer keys.
District-Wide and General Information
- Audit Committee Information
- Citizens Advisory Committees
- Legislative Advocacy Information
- Resources for Talking to Children About Traumatic Events
- Resources on Digital Citizenship & Internet Safety
- Looking for iPad apps? Check these out!
- PBS Homework Hotline! A great site for getting help with any type of homework or project topic! There are a wide range of electronic resources, and students can "Dial-a-Teacher" for direct phone support between the hours of 4-7 pm M-Th.
- All About the new NYS Common Core Learning Standards
- Home Schooling Forms and Regulations
Everyday Parenting Ideas Brought to you by