- Fox Lane High School
"All Call" for Budget Advisory Committee and Student Achievement Advisory Committee
The deadline for submitting an application has been extended to September 20, 2019.
The Bedford Central School District is accepting applications for membership on the 2019-2020 Budget Advisory Committee (BAC) and the 2019-2020 Student Achievement Advisory (SAAC) Committee.
The BAC is charged by the Board of Education with providing input and insight to the Board of Education and its Finance Subcommittee on topics related to budget and finance, including but not limited to:
- Analysis of district revenues and expenditures
- Multi-year budgetary planning
- Considering comparative analyses of measures of fiscal and District performance
- Other budget matters under consideration by the Board of Education and administration, e.g. debt service planning capital project planning, reserve planning, etc.
The SAAC is charged by the Board with providing input and insight to the Board of Education related to curriculum, instruction, assessment, and student achievement. Such topics include:
● Learning: guiding principles of learning and student achievement;
● Testing and Assessment: standardized testing; types and frequency of local tests and assessments; use of external tests as benchmarks of local student, school and district achievement; emphasis of assessment and testing with respect to time devoted to tested and non-tested content; test preparation;
● Curriculum: guiding principles of curriculum and development of such, consideration of the depth and breadth of the Bedford Central curriculum, taking into consideration required standards and assessments;
● Achievement and Engagement: experiences and data to benchmark student achievement and academic engagement;
● Communicating Success: benchmarking and communicating success with emphasis placed on rankings by national, state, and local publications; means of measuring and communicating student progress, growth, and point-in-time achievement; and means of communicating student(s) learning;
● Mandates and Policy: understanding federal and state policies and reforms.