Return to Headlines

How to Report Suspected Underage Drinking/"House Parties"

Those who host lost the most

Report suspected house parties with alcohol or other substances to this tipline: 1-866-UNDER21. 

Westchester County has a Social Host Law. This law “establishes fines for knowingly allowing a party, gathering, or event where minors are present and alcoholic beverages are consumed by one or more minors.” This means that the parent can be liable for “allowing” the party even if they do not provide the alcohol. The consequence is a violation of law for the first and second offense and a misdemeanor for the third and subsequent offenses. The punishment ranges from fines of $250 – $1,000 and the possibility of imprisonment up to one year. (Source)